NOTE: By using our website you are entering into a legally binding agreement to comply with the below terms and conditions
- User Agreement
- Website usage terms and conditions
- Website disclaimer
- Copyright notice
The term ‘Yapback’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Yapback Limited, the owner of the website, whose company registration number is 07564726, registered in the United Kingdom.. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Yapback may occasionally amend these terms and conditions. You should revisit this page periodically to ensure that you are using our services in accordance with our terms and conditions.
1. User Agreement
Purpose and Intent
Yapback aims to provide users with a central place to leave feedback about products, services, businesses and experiences. An instance of feedback is referred to on the site as a “Yap”.
By registering as a user, or using our website, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Yapback Ltd. If you are using our website on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are still personally entering into this agreement with us, which is in addition to any other agreements that may be in place.
If you do not want to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out on this page, you must NOT register or use our website.
Your actions related to this website must comply with all applicable laws as well as our Terms and Conditions. Applicable laws may, without limitation, include copyright law, intellectual property law, criminal law and all other applicable laws and policies.
The content submitted by you remains your property, and it is your responsibility to ensure that it is accurate, truthful and complies with this agreement and any applicable laws. You have the right to request to change or remove your content, unless it has been copied or stored by a third party that had permission to do so.
You must ensure that the feedback you post on our website is posted against the correct company or organisation, whose services or product you are a customer of. The feedback must be clear, honest, constructive and professional.
You must NOT write anything that contains profanities, slander or is intended to cause offense.
You must NOT write anything dishonest, incorrect, misleading or inaccurate.
You must NOT write anything that infringes upon any copyright, intellectual property, trade secrets, law, policy or anything else by which you are legally bound, including this agreement.
You grant Yapback irrevocable, worldwide, unlimited, royalty-free rights to copy, analyse, distribute, commercialise, retain and in any way use the information that you provide for Yapback’s own purposes, which will be in accordance with the law, and this agreement, including relevant privacy agreements.
You must not use the website for anything other than its intended use, which is as a place for honest customer feedback, reviews and analysis that is publicly visible and gives the subject of the feedback an opportunity to respond.
Username and password
You agree to keep your sign in credentials secure and confidential, and not permit others to use your account.
You indemnify Yapback and agree to not hold us in any way liable for any claims or charges made by a third party that relates to a breach of any law or agreement, including this agreement, or any activity conducted on our website.
Yapback is not liable for any loss whatsoever resulting from the use, misuse or unavailability of this website.
Yapback reserves the right to terminate the account of any user found to be in breach of these terms and conditions. All content supplied by that user will be permanently deleted.
If you notice any content that you believe to be inappropriate, incorrect or in breach of any part of this agreement, you must notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details, to include any relevant URLs of the offending Yap, page, section or username.
2. Website usage terms and conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Business search results from Google may be modified for your benefit.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
3. Website disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by our Users, who are bound to act in accordance with this agreement.
While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, and ask users to conform to our terms and conditions, and act in an honest and professional way, user supplied content is not our responsibility. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Yapback does not have any obligation to verify the identity of our users, and will not be held responsible for any claim resulting from any content posted by any of our users.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Yapback. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Yapback takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Yapback is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Yapback may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information relating to the content that you supply to the website (your Yaps)
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
5. Copyright Notice
Yapback encourages users to share truthful information about products, services, businesses and experiences. All content uploaded to our website by our users is subject to our Website Usage Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions require that content supplied to us by users or other third parties is accurate, truthful, lawful and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of other third parties. If you believe that any content posted by one of our Users does not comply with these terms and conditions, please email email@example.com to initiate an investigation.
This website and its content is copyright of Yapback – © Yapback 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
6. Charities and Not for Profit Organisations
Yapback are supporters of the charity Dogs Trust (Registered Charity Numbers: 227523 & SC037843)
Yapback will donate 1p to Dogs Trust every time a User leaves their first piece of feedback about a company, up to a maximum of 100 Yaps (pieces of feedback) per user. For clarity, the 100 Yaps per User must be on unique and independent business entities.
Other Charities and Not for Profit Organisations
Every time a unique User leaves feedback for a charity or other not for profit organisation, Yapback will donate 10p to the charity or not for profit organisation that is the subject and intended recipient of that instance of feedback or Yap. This is limited to one qualifying Yap per User per year.
Donations and further information
In order to keep administration costs down, Yapback reserves the right to make an accumulated annual donation to each individual charity or organisation. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.